- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Avocado salad
This salad is like summer in a bowl. The sweet melon pairs perfectly with creamy avocado.
22 people made this
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 125g rocket
- 1/4 cantaloupe melon - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 avocado - peeled, stone removed and cubed
- 8 tablespoons toasted flaked almonds
MethodPrep:30min ›Ready in:30min
- Whisk the sugar, paprika, salt, mustard, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper together in a mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil while whisking rapidly until the salad dressing is thick and creamy.
- Place the rocket leaves into a salad bowl, and sprinkle with the cantaloupe and avocado pieces. Drizzle with the salad dressing, then sprinkle with toasted almonds to serve.
You could shorten the prep time by using bottled French Dressing. Baby spinach could be substituted for the rocket.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(15)
Reviews in English (12)
I selected this recipe because I had both an avocado and some leftover cantaloupe that I wanted to use up. The dressing also intrigued me. I will say the amount of dressing is excessive (hence the 4 stars) and would be enough for way more than four servings. I scaled the dressing ingredients down to one serving and it nicely dressed two salads, with a little leftover. We enjoyed this dressing very much. Mine never got what I would call “creamy” (maybe I wasn’t whisking fast enough), but I was happy with the dressing and it’s color. I didn’t have arugula, so I used red leaf lettuce and I just eyeballed the amounts of cantaloupe, avocado and almonds. The cantaloupe I had was wonderful, which added to the deliciousness of this salad. Give it a try!-21 Aug 2010
My Husband & I Inhaled it! Never thought of this combination, Delicious!! Next time I'm going to cut the cantaloupe & avocado smaller so they don't fall to the bottom.-02 Apr 2010
Call me extravagant or just plain snooty but this recipe was just blah...however I do appreciate the effort. It didn't quiet make the grade..so..I added thinly sliced red onion, dried cherries,candied cashews and Gorgonzola cheese. WOW! Served it with a homemade shrimp bisque and a French baguette. Delicious! Bon Appetite!-15 Oct 2010