We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Beetroot salad
This dish will look superb on your table anytime of year, but is especially good as a cool summertime course. The beetroots are served at room temperature with a chilled yoghurt dressing.
7 people made this
- 75g walnuts
- 5 medium beetroots, thoroughly washed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 450g natural yoghurt
- 1 hot green chilli, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, minced
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:1hr20min ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:2hr5min
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast at 150 C / Gas 2 for 15 to 20 minutes. Chop coarsely.
- Butter aluminium foil. Pierce beetroots with a fork, and wrap with foil. Bake at 190 C / Gas 5 for 1 hour, or until tender. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat yoghurt until smooth. Mix in green chilli, coriander and walnuts. Season to taste with salt. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Peel beetroots, and quarter without cutting all the way through. Place in a serving dish, and spread open. Spoon dressing over beetroot, then garnish with coriander and minced red chilli.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (6)
This recipe may seem like a strange mix, but my boyfriend called me a 'genius' when I served this as a side. I made the yogurt myself in my new yogurt-maker (hence the experimentation with strange yogurt uses) and cooked the foil-wrapped beets in a slow-cooker on low overnight. The outcome was fun, interesting, and packed with flavor.-07 Oct 2005
Excellent! Very easy to make, and a great contrast of flavors between the cilantro and the toasted walnuts. Yum!-07 May 2004