- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
This is a summertime favourite, especially with the children! An easy no-bake dessert, you can make this far in advance and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
39 people made this
- 1 (23cm) prepared digestive biscuit base
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 litre strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 (567g) tin pineapple, drained and pureed
- 250ml whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons glace cherries
MethodPrep:30min ›Extra time:4hr freezing › Ready in:4hr30min
- Arrange bananas over bottom of biscuit base. Spread ice cream in an even layer over bananas. Top with pureed pineapple. Whip the cream and spread over top. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Place torte in freezer for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with cherries, if desired.
For a nice touch, make a biscuit base out of chocolate biscuits instead of digestives.
To easily remove the torte, make this in a 23cm springform cake tin lined with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(43)
Reviews in English (31)
This is a very quick and easy to do...recommend that you do not freeze it for 4 hours. Soften ice cream and serve immediately...it is not as hard that way. If you wait the full 4 hours this is as hard as a rock and the pineapple losses its taste.-16 May 2000
This dessert is really easy and fun for the working mother. I recommend that this dessert not be placed in the freezer for a period longer than three hours. Enjoy!-18 May 2000
THANK GOODNESS I READ THE REVIEWS FIRST. I MADE IT FOR A GUYS B-DAY AT MY WORK AND I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT AT NIGHT, BUT THE OTHER REVIEWS WERE RIGHT, TO LONG IN THE FREEZER IS NOT THE WAY TO GO. I DID A USED A HERSHEY'S PRE-MADE CRUST, AND USED COOL WHIP AS WELL. THIS WAS A HIT.-03 Aug 2005