- Dish type
- Salad dressing
Barbecued salmon fillets with a homemade tomato vinaigrette served over mixed greens. This is a deliciously simple recipe that never fails to impress.
22 people made this
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 6 (170g) fillets salmon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350ml tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 450g mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Extra time:6hr chilling › Ready in:6hr30min
- In a small bowl, mix together chilli powder, garlic granules, onion powder, sugar, salt, allspice, cumin, white pepper and paprika. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture for the vinaigrette, and sprinkle remaining spice mixture over salmon fillets. Cover, and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- Lightly oil barbecue grate, and spread a small amount of olive oil on salmon fillets. Cook salmon 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until easily flaked with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato juice, vinegar, tomatoes, olive oil and reserved spice mixture to make vinaigrette. Place salad greens in a large bowl, drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among individual serving plates. Top each plate with a salmon fillet, and spoon any remaining vinaigrette over the salmon.
Onion powder is available in Asian shops and some larger supermarkets. In a pinch, use finely minced onion or shallot to taste, or omit altogether.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(24)
Reviews in English (17)
by DAISY PATCH
WOW!!! This has become a favorite of family and friends. The BEST salmon recipe ever! The combination of spices is incredible. And, please, do serve it on the greens with the vinaigrette.....it makes the meal!-17 Aug 2002
by D P ARMSTRONG
Great recipe that takes little time to prepare. I have used it for guests twice now, and even the pickiest eaters love it.-12 Jun 2001
The spice on this was great! I cooked this on my George Foreman for about 4 minutes and it turned out really well.-17 Jul 2003