We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef pie
This easy recipe for beef pie is chock-a-block with veg and benefits from a touch of Marsala wine.
41 people made this
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 150g chopped onion
- 100g raw porcini mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 150g chopped carrots
- 50g chopped celery
- 1 potato, diced
- 450g beef tenderloin, cubed
- 1 (500g) packet puff pastry
- 250ml dry Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg white
MethodPrep:40min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr40min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a large frying pan, cook bay leaf, oregano, onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft.
- Stir in garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes and beef. Cook and stir for 10 minutes, or until beef starts to brown. Pour in wine. Bring to the boil, and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Place in pie dish, sprinkle with parsley, and cover with pastry. Brush with egg whites.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(37)
Reviews in English (31)
This was great for my kids as my son don't like carrots but he ate them because the wine and herbs added the flavour. The beef was nice and soft, all in all fantastic-03 Aug 2010
Used different ingredients.I used a dry red Pinot Noir wine and instead of fresh Parsley I used 1 tbsp of dried Thyme.-03 Aug 2010
It is a little time consuming but it was worth it. I believe the previous person used phyllo dough instead of puff pastry. I used the puff pastry and I also added 1/2 cup beef broth. Then I added 2 tbls butter along with 1/4 cup cream. Gave it a richer flavor. Thanks-13 Sep 2002