- Pasta types
Cheese ravioli topped with green, red and yellow peppers. It's that good.
272 people made this
- 450g cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 450ml chicken stock, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil. Cook ravioli in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until done; drain.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Saute onion and peppers until tender. Add half of the stock, season with chilli flakes and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in remaining stock, and cook until most of stock has evaporated. Spoon pepper mixture over ravioli.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(269)
Reviews in English (202)
Not a bad recipe at all, but I did make a few changes to add a little extra taste. As well as the peppers and onion, I added some very fine sliced mushrooms and carrots. I only used 1/2 the stock which was plenty, and more and it would be swimming in it. Also added a little garlic, oregano and basil. Just before serving I added 1/2 cup thick cream and a dash of salt and pepper. To be honest, without the extra herbs and seasoning I did think the sauce was a little bland. The Ravioli I used was grilled chicken with rosemary, parmesan and mozzarella (Costco).-12 Jan 2013
Loved it, with a few modifications. Don't use as much broth as called for; I used about half. I also added a splash of cream towards the end. I sauteed a clove of garlic along with the peppers and onions. I added dried basil and oregano. And I added about two handfuls of shredded parmesan cheese to the sauce just before serving. It was DELICIOUS.-28 Jan 2007
by Amy Hutchens
WOW! My husband and I love this recipe (with a little tweeking). My husband is a meat guy but still likes this recipe. We add a little more red pepper flakes to spice it up a little more to suit our taste. One thing I have found that does make a difference is the pasta you use. I highly recommend Buitoni 4 cheese pasta because when I have used other pasta, it was still good, just not great.-29 Jun 2007