- Dish type
- Chocolate cake
- Chocolate chip cakes
This is the best cheesecake recipe I've ever made. It's deceptively easy to make, and also quite attractive!
501 people made this
- 125g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 5 tablespoons caster sugar
- 75g butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 675g cream cheese
- 1 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 170g mini plain chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:2hr20min
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Mix digestive biscuit crumbs, sugar, butter and cocoa. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a 23cm springform cake tin. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add condensed sweetened milk; beat well. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat on medium speed until smooth. Toss 1/3 of the miniature chocolate chips with the 1 teaspoon flour to coat (this keeps them from sinking to the bottom of the cheesecake). Mix into cheese mixture. Pour over prepared biscuit base. Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 150 C / Gas 2 for 1 hour. Turn off oven (do not open oven door) and leave the cake in the oven to cool in the oven for another hour. Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate before removing sides of tin. Keep cake refrigerated until time to serve.
Best chocolate chip cheesecake
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(572)
Reviews in English (449)
This was the first cheesecake I've ever made, and it turned out great. I find that if you melt all of the chocolate chips and beat them into the batter, the cake turns out much creamier, smoother, and with a more even, pleasing, delicious taste, and it looks better as well. With the chocolate chips, they turn into hard crunchy chocolate pieces once the cake is cool, but if you melt and mix them the cake is completely creamy and has a better flavor. It did have a few cracks in it, but those might be eliminated by placing the springform pan in a roasting pan of boiling water while it bakes.-18 Mar 2003
by Jennifer Baker
This was an excellent cheesecake, and a huge hit at my family reunion yesterday. It was gone before I knew it! I did make a few modifications: used chocolate graham crackers(crushed) mixed with some oreo crumbs for the crust(no need for cocoa). I also added about 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips into the batter-1/3 didn't seem like enough. Using fat free condensed milk & 1/3 reduced fat cheese worked amazingly to save on fat & calories. This will be made again for the holidays! Thank you for a good recipe!-09 Oct 2005