- Dish type
- Side dish
- Pork stuffing
These pork chops are glazed with dark brown sugar and butter and baked with an easy homemade stuffing, which is a great way to use up stale bread. Experiment with the dried herbs you use, if desired.
58 people made this
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 15 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 450ml chicken stock, made with a stock cube
- 6 pork chops
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 110g butter, melted
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:50min
- In a small frying pan melt 1/2 tablespoon butter. Add onion and celery and saute until translucent. Add saute mixture to a large bowl with bread, herbs and stock. Mix to coat bread evenly, not too soggy.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Spread bread mixture/stuffing in the bottom of a lightly greased 20x30cm baking dish. Top with pork chops; if desired, sprinkle chops with additional dried herbs. In a medium bowl combine the dark brown soft sugar and melted butter or margarine and mix together. Brush mixture over the tops of the pork chops and drizzle over chops and stuffing, allowing some to seep into the stuffing.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until internal temperature of pork has reached 70 degrees C. Baking time will vary slightly depending on thickness of chops. If desired, baste with additional butter/sugar mixture while baking. Serve by dishing chops out of the baking dish, including stuffing. Enjoy!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(53)
Reviews in English (34)
Family love this and quick to make-18 Dec 2014
by Lori Charlotte Hambrick
This was VERY easy, and my family really enjoyed it. I used a package of stuffing mix I had on hand, and prepared it according to package instructions for water and butter before spreading it in the pan and putting the chops on it.-14 Nov 2001