- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
If you are pressed for time but still prize a healthy, tasty supper, this salmon recipe is for you. Experiment with dried herbs that you have in your cupboard for added flavour.
43 people made this
- 450g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:6min ›Ready in:16min
- Place the salmon fillets in an 20cm microwave-safe baking dish, and place the onion and tomato on the fillets. Sprinkle with garlic granules and onion powder, drizzle with white wine and olive oil, and wrap the dish with cling film.
- Microwave on High power setting until the salmon is opaque, about 6 minutes. Carefully peel off the cling film to avoid steam, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Onion powder is available online or in Asian markets; in a pinch, try simply omitting it from the recipe.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (7)
6 mins in the microwave was just right for two salmon fillets. I used only a small red onion, a crushed clove of garlic, dash of white wine and a teaspoon of tamari (to give it a little bite). Together with rocket and tomato salad plus broccoli made a very quick, nutritious and delicious meal.-25 Nov 2013
by Natalie C.
This recipe was pretty good. I couldn't bear to microwave it, but I just put it on a skillet as directed and otherwise followed everything faithfully. It was lovely and still easy dish. To make it more perfect, next time I'll add a bit more of the seasoning.-18 Sep 2009