New recipes

Bar Owner Rescues Bear From Jar on Head

Bar Owner Rescues Bear From Jar on Head

The bear had a cooking oil jar stuck to its head for at least 11 days


Pennsylvania bar owner Jody Boyle and a volunteer posse of bear rescuers saved a brown bear that had been wandering the area with a cooking oil jar stuck to its head for at least 11 days.

Attracted by the smell of the cooking oil, the bear had evidently put its head into the jar to get some food and then gotten stuck. It had been wandering around bumping into things, but until this weekend nobody managed to catch up to it, even though the bear fell into at least two swimming pools while trapped that way.

"He put his head in, and had a problem," said Mike Jurbala, another rescuer, in an interview with Fox News. "He'd have died in a couple more days."

The bear was first spotted on June 3, wandering around stuck in a jar like Winnie the Pooh.

"I thought, `No one is going to believe us,"' said Morgan Laskowski, a bartender and member of the bear-rescuing crew.

Armed only with a lasso and flashlights, the rescuers managed to track the bear to a backyard by the noise it made running into things. They managed to get it into position for Pennsylvania Game Commission employee Jeff Hubler to yank the red plastic jar off its head and free it, then they got out of the way before they could be attacked by a hungry bear.

"You'd think the bear would be weak, because it hadn't eaten or drunk for a week, but it was strong," one of the rescuers said.

Bear with head stuck in jar is rescued in Pa.

JAMISON CITY, Pa. (AP) — Four central Pennsylvania residents said they used only a rope and a flashlight during a wild chase to rescue a young bear whose head had been stuck in a plastic jar for at least 11 days.

The frightened but powerful bruin fell into a swimming pool at least twice during the ordeal, according to a report Saturday in the Press Enterprise of Bloomsburg ( ). But the group eventually yanked off the jar and set the animal free.

"I thought, 'No one is going to believe us,'" said Morgan Laskowski, 22, the bartender at the Jamison City Hotel and a member of the impromptu bear-wrangling team.

Area residents first spotted the 100-pound bruin with its head in a red jar on June 3, but it eluded game wardens. The animal was attracted to the container because it appeared to have once contained cooking oil.

"He put his head in, and had a problem," said Mike Jurbala, 68, another rescuer. "He'd have died in a couple more days."

Jurbala saw the bear Thursday night as he was leaving the bar at the Jamison City Hotel. He called Jeff Hubler, a local employee of the state Game Commission who had been among those trying to capture it for days with a lasso.

The two teamed up with Laskowski and her mother, bar owner Jody Boyle, to follow the bear through the darkness.

"You knew where he was because you could hear him banging into things," Jurbala said.

They cornered the bear in a resident's backyard, where it ended up falling into a pool a couple of times. Eventually, they wrangled the animal into a position where Hubler could pull off the jar.

"You'd think the bear would be weak, because it hadn't eaten or drunk for a week, but it was strong," Boyle said.

Hubler said people should keep lids on food jars that they throw away.

Information from: Press Enterprise,

New voter ID rules raise concerns of fraud, ballot rejection

When voters in Florida and Georgia want to vote by mail in next year’s races for governor, they will have to make sure they take one more step to ensure they receive a ballot: providing their identification. Just two states had ID requirements in 2020 for voters requesting a mailed ballot. In addition to Florida and Georgia, legislation to require additional identification for mail voting was introduced in Arizona, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, South Carolina and Texas, according to information compiled by the Voting Rights Lab, which advocates for expanded voter access.

Almost half of US millennials ‘don’t know, believe or care if God exists’, study finds

Four in ten millennials are atheists or apathetic towards God, an Arizona Christian University report found

AdPlace A Bag On Your Car Mirror When Traveling

Brilliant Car Cleaning Hacks Local Dealers Wish You Didn’t Know

Trump Hotel raised prices to deter QAnon conspiracists from booking rooms, leaked police files reveal

Leaked documents suggest police were alerted to hotel price hike by media reports

NASA has captured an aerial shot of the Curiosity rover scaling Mont Mercou on Mars

A shot of Curiosity was captured on a terrene known as Mont Mercou, which sits on the northern fringe of Mount Sharp, near the center of Gale crater.

If Donald Trump faces criminal charges, few think it will hurt him with his base in 2024

Criminal charges would create political problems for Trump, but would not necessarily prevent him from campaigning in 2022 and running in 2024.

Experts say it's too convenient for politicians to blame COVID-19 outbreaks on variants - we have the tools fight them, we just need to use them

The current variants may help the coronavirus spread better, but the virus hasn't changed enough to render our disease-fighting playbook ineffective.

Donald Trump's online traffic has slumped massively, as he struggles to win back his audience after being banned from social networks

Blog posts on the former president's "From the Desk of Donald J. Trump" blog aren't being widely shared, according to The Washington Post.

Duke of Cambridge found ɼomfort and solace in Scottish outdoors' after mother's death

The Duke of Cambridge has revealed that he found "comfort and solace in the Scottish outdoors" in wake of his mother's death. Prince William, who is the Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, gave a speech as it opened on Saturday. He said he remembers vividly being at Balmoral when he heard of his mother Diana's death in 1997. "Scotland is a source of some of my happiest memories but also my saddest," he said. "I was in Balmoral when I was told my mother had died. Still in shock, I found sanctuary in the service at Crathie Kirk that very morning and in the dark days of grief that followed I found comfort and solace in the Scottish outdoors. "Alongside this painful memory is one of great joy because it was here in Scotland 20 years ago this year that I first met Catherine. "Needless to say the town where you meet your future wife holds a very special place in your heart."

Some residents are upset after weeks, months without mail

Some upset residents in southwest Baltimore have been finding their mailboxes empty for weeks, sometimes months at a time. The U.S. Postal Service said it's due to setbacks at the Carroll Station Post Office. It's the same trip to the post office delivered with the same issues, again and again.

Coronavirus latest news: Two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine provide over 80 per cent protection against Indian variant, PHE study finds

Big weddings set to resume from June 21 Germany to ban British travellers amid fears over Indian variant GP outrage over appointment numbers Why Joe Biden’s vaccine patent call will backfire Better safe than sorry, Sage tells Government Heathrow to open terminal for red-list arrivals Two doses from either the AstraZeneca or the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine are over 80 per cent effective in preventing infection from the Indian variant, a new Government study has found. Data published by Public Health England also revealed that the two doses provides 87 per cent protection from the Kent variant discovered earlier this year. The study's findings were presented to a meeting of the Government’s New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag). It comes after a genomic sequencing expert warned that Indian variant, known as B. 1.617.2, could be 50 per cent more transmissible than other variants in a "worst case scenario". Dr Jeffrey Barrett, director of Covid-19 genomics at the Sanger Institute, told BBC's Today programme: "I think it's clearly growing, which anyone can see from the numbers as they are reported week by week. "If I had to put a guess today it would be 20 or 30 per cent rather than 50 per cent (more infectious than the Kent variant). But there is still uncertainty, 50 per cent might be a reasonable worst case scenario." Follow the latest updates below.

Accused Cannibal Rapist Haunted Her Dreams. Now She’s Helping Cage Him.

Photo Illustration by The Daily Beast / Photo GettyBELLINZONA, Switzerland—Allegations of rape, killing, and cannibalism made the man an outlaw who victims say roared like a lion before striking his prey, and yet the chances were that he would outrun justice.A quarter-century after his alleged crimes, Alieu Kosiah is now in a European detention facility awaiting a decision on his fate, facing up to 20 years in prison.Kosiah fled recriminations at home and was living a new life in a picturesque region of Switzerland, one of the world’s wealthiest nations, when officials finally apprehended him.He is accused of multiple murders and serial rapes back in Liberia, West Africa. The trial came to life thanks to seven plaintiffs, six of whom traveled to Europe to face the man they say once terrorized them. The seventh victim, who The Daily Beast is calling Teta, alleges she was kidnapped and raped by Kosiah, who she says removed a rifle slung across his shoulder and pulled a knife from his belt before he repeatedly violated her.The Terrifying Tale of the Killer Cannibal Who Walked FreeTeta, who gave birth to a premature baby during the trial, provided evidence via videolink from Monrovia, as the child was too fragile to travel. The court asked Teta how she felt towards Kosiah all these years later. She feared him, she said, and buried her head in her hands. “He’s a killer and rapist,” she said. The judge asked if she was waiting for an apology. “I can’t accept his apologies,” she replied. On a subsequent call, when asked how she found the courage to testify despite her trepidation, she told The Daily Beast, “I want justice. He should be judged he should be tried.”Even once he was arrested—after some two decades of living peacefully in Europe—the prospect of this trial seemed remote. Evidence in such a case is hard to pull together when crime scenes have been destroyed, and witnesses are long since dead. But Swiss prosecutors eventually indicted Kosiah after five years of criminal investigations.According to lawyers for the plaintiffs, the case is monumental because it represents many firsts in the fight toward accountability for crimes committed in Liberia’s back-to-back civil wars from 1989-2003. “It’s the first war crimes trial for sexual violence [in Liberia], for child soldiers, the first time a Liberian will be convicted or acquitted for war crimes, and the first time there will be a judgment for war crimes in front of the Swiss Federal Criminal Court,” Alain Werner, a Swiss lawyer representing several victims in the case, told The Daily Beast. The court is expected to issue a verdict next month.One of the witnesses, a tall man in his fifties wearing a striped polo shirt and jeans, said he watched as a close friend’s chest was sliced open before his heart was removed and served to rebels, including Kosiah, on a metal plate.This man, whose name is withheld to protect him from reprisal when he returns home to Lofa County in northern Liberia, told the Daily Beast that it was breath-taking to face Kosiah again in the flesh. “When you see him, it’s all you can do not to…” he said, as his voice trailed off. “You can’t imagine the brutality.”It was 1994, early in the rainy season, and the then 15-year-old Teta was tending to her family’s rice crops when the fighters arrived in her remote village in Lofa County. The war was raging, and members of the ULIMO faction had come to overtake the area from Charles Taylor’s group. The fighters took some of the men, including Teta’s father and brother, to the town center, where they tied their arms behind their back until their elbows touched. They ordered the women to cook for them and gathered all the rice and oil in the village Teta fetched water and cleaned the dishes. The rebels, Teta observed, responded to a superior named “General Kosiah.” The General, who was 19, commanded the civilians to form a convoy to transport goods and ammunition, likely toward the Guinean border.Teta thought only of her survival, and when she saw an opportunity, she fled into the bush. She later made her way to the town center, where she’d last seen her father and brother, only to find them slaughtered. For several days, she hid in the bush without food. When the hunger had sucked the life out of her, she ventured to a nearby village to replenish herself. She noticed a group of rebels smoking and chatting in front of a house. A small boy, whose gun dragged behind his body, approached. “Come,” she recalled him saying. “If you don’t come, I will kill you. It’s the General that’s calling you.”Teta says she followed the boy to the General, the same one she’d seen days earlier in her village, named Kosiah. He wore military clothing, his eyes were bulbous, and his skin was darker than hers, Teta noticed. “You will be my wife,” she recalled him saying. Teta says she was ordered into a nearby house and locked in the bedroom. That night, she says, he returned and took off his boots, clothes, and weapons. Teta claims he then took her body for himself, raping her every few hours. His body splayed on top of hers, and when she cried, she says he threatened to kill her. The following day, when the door was left unlocked, Teta escaped. She was naked, had no shoes, and while she’d never menstruated before, she was bleeding. Kosiah denies the charges.Liberia Rethinks Its Past in Wake of Charles Taylor War-Crimes VerdictSexual violence during Liberia’s back-to-back civil wars was endemic. The true scale is still unknown. The International Committee of the Red Cross estimated that over 70 percent of sexual-based violations were perpetrated against women and girls, who were used as “bush wives” and domestic servants, among other abuses. Still, more than fifteen years since the conflicts concluded and took the lives of an estimated 250,000 people, civil war-era sexual violations carry a deep stigma, shrouded in a culture of shame.“The impunity for war crimes, in general, had an impact on ongoing impunity for crimes of sexual violence in Liberia,” said Emmanuelle Marchand, the head of the legal unit at Civitas Maxima, a Swiss-based organization that investigates war crimes in Liberia. “Liberia is still a country where violence against women is integrated,” Marchand told The Daily Beast.In 2009, Liberia’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission released a report recommending establishing a special war crimes tribunal. Still, Liberia has yet to hold a single perpetrator responsible for atrocities committed during its two civil wars. Some well-known warlords have taken up high-level government positions, and others have resettled in third countries, building families and businesses. The few cases involving war crimes have occurred in third country courts, in the U.S. and Europe, where perpetrators were found living.Kosiah, a former ULIMO commander who Teta said raped her, is now at the center of the first war crimes trial for atrocities committed during Liberia’s first civil war.In February, six Liberian men traveled thousands of miles by plane from Monrovia to Geneva and then by train to a tranquil town in the Swiss alps called Bellinzona, an Italian-speaking region near Italy's border. They stayed in a modest hotel in the historic town center, where rice was hard to come by, but pizza was in abundance. Some had never seen the snow and found the cold biting. Each was there as a complainant to testify before a panel of three Swiss judges at the Federal Criminal Court about their allegations against Kosiah. The seventh complainant and only woman, Teta, whose name has been changed for her safety, appeared by video stream from the U.S. embassy in Monrovia. She had given birth just days before. The fact the complainants had made it this far was a feat in itself.In 2013, Alain Werner, the Swiss lawyer who runs Civitas Maxima, an organization investigating crimes on behalf of Liberian victims to prosecute perpetrators in national courts, received a tip: a former ULIMO commander was living near Lake Geneva. Werner had never heard of Kosiah, but given the ULIMO’s extensively documented crimes committed in Lofa County between 1993 and 1995, he was confident there would be a case. Werner called their sister organization in Monrovia, the Global Justice and Research Project, whose investigators started digging.The American Warlord Guilty of Torture“It could have been that we got the name [Kosiah], we did the investigation on the ground, and nobody heard about it. In this case, that didn’t happen,” Werner said. “We got the name. We did an investigation. Crimes came back,” he told The Daily Beast. In the summer of 2014, Werner and partner lawyers filed a criminal complaint against Kosiah on behalf of seven Liberian victims. Swiss authorities arrested Kosiah in November that year, and he has been in pre-trial detention since.Much of the material evidence was damaged or destroyed following the first civil war, and key witnesses were killed or since died. Some witnesses feared retribution and refused to participate in the trial. Then, a global pandemic prevented willing victims and witnesses from traveling. When, finally, the logistics were in place, the Swiss courtroom held the hearing at reduced capacity. The complainants, their four lawyers, and two Swiss prosecutors sat at a distance with masks. Kosiah, who is now 46, sat slumped at the front of the room, wearing a white-collared shirt and casual jacket. His lawyer, Dimitri Gianoli, accompanied him.On the first day of hearings, a man, Mr. S, who grew up in Zorzor, in Lofa county, took the stand. He had a soft, round face and wore a collared shirt under a padded jacket. “Kosiah ordered a girl to be carried to his house,” he said. “If he called, you had no option but to follow. You could not refuse him,” the man, who would have been 15 at the time, told the court. For Werner, the strength of the case lies in victims corroborating patterns of crimes across Lofa County. “Kosiah randomly took a woman to rape her, and the woman managed to escape, in a completely different town [from Teta], miles away,” Werner said.At some point, Kosiah abruptly stood up and erupted in shouting. “It’s been six years,” he said, referring to his time in detention. “He lied,” as he pointed to Mr. S., who began trembling. Mr. S. took a break in the courtroom hallway, convening with other plaintiffs. “He’s very rude,” one man said of Kosiah, who had been shuffling through stacks of paper, elbowing his lawyer and whispering into his ear as the plaintiffs testified.Others who took the stand said they were certain Kosiah was the same person who committed the alleged crimes more than two decades earlier—they recognized his bulging eyes, his dark skin, and his anger. One was a former child soldier who, at the age of 12, said Kosiah had recruited him as his personal bodyguard another said he saw Kosiah order his brother’s execution and another said Kosiah and his men desecrated the corpse of a civilian and ate his heart.Between 1993 and 1995, Kosiah was a commander with the ULIMO-K as it took control of much of Lofa county, which became the site of gruesome and debased attacks against civilians.As the conflict ravaged Liberia in the early ’90s, the NPFL had targeted members of the Krahn and Mandingo ethnic groups, whom they saw as sympathizing with Samuel Doe’s government. According to news reports, Kosiah, then a teenager, had escaped to neighboring Sierra Leone when his family members were viciously murdered. There, Kosiah joined ULIMO-K, a Mandingo-based faction that took up arms against Taylor’s group, and rose through its ranks to become a commander.According to Swiss prosecutors, during this period, Kosiah violated the laws of war by committing rape, recruiting and using child soldiers, ordering pillages and forced transports, murdering civilians, and committing acts of cannibalism.When, in 1997, Taylor was elected president and the first war concluded, Kosiah fled to Switzerland, where he applied for asylum, claiming to be Guinean. His application was denied, but he later obtained permanent residence through his wife, who lived in the beautiful, mountainous canton of Vaud. The trial was made possible by a 2011 Swiss law that allows the prosecution of non-nationals who committed serious international crimes on foreign soil, also known as the principle of universal jurisdiction. The case is the first war crimes trial to occur outside of a military court in Switzerland it is also the first, anywhere in the world, to adjudicate rape as a war crime in Liberia, setting a meaningful precedent. (The trials against Mohammed Jabbateh and Chuckie Taylor, the son of Charles, in the U.S., addressed rape during the war in the context of charges for immigration fraud and torture, respectively.)Kosiah claims he is not guilty of any such crimes, as he was not present in Lofa County during the relevant period. He also says that witnesses and victims of these crimes are conspiring against him and lying. Kosiah’s lawyer did not respond to requests for an interview.Teta’s lawyer, Zeina Wakim, flew to Monrovia from Geneva to accompany her on the day she took the stand from the embassy in the second week of hearings. The Swiss ambassador traveled from Abidjan, in Côte d'Ivoire, to ensure the process went smoothly embassy officials were present, as were Swiss federal police. Teta, whose face is striking, wore a bright orange blouse and long braids. She described to the court, in thick Liberian English, that she had never been educated but that she recognized Kosiah. “It’s him who’s looking at the camera. I know him too good,” she said.After she escaped the house where she said Kosiah raped her, Teta crawled into the bush, following a road toward Guinea. She bled for three days and slept under tree roots to shield herself from the rain. She planted seeds along the way, telling people that if her mother came looking, she could find her in Guinea. Teta made it across the border and cooked for a local family who, in exchange, allowed her to sleep on their kitchen floor. Her mother, by some miracle, got word. She, too, ventured into Guinea, traveling from village to village, searching for Teta. A year or so later, they reunited. More than a decade passed, and when they heard a woman, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, became president in Liberia, they went home.Teta told me she still suffers physical pain and “feels bad” when she puts her mind back to the war. Today, Teta takes care of her mother, who is elderly, and her children, who taught her English. She is happiest when she’s outside farming rice, pepper, and cassava. On Sundays, she rests and attends church. The event that most occupies her time these days is caring for her baby girl, so tiny that Wakim thought they might lose her during the court procedure. Once the baby is strong enough, she’ll carry her as she farms. The baby, she said, she named Justice.Read more at The Daily Beast.Get our top stories in your inbox every day. Sign up now!Daily Beast Membership: Beast Inside goes deeper on the stories that matter to you. Learn more.

All the times Bill Gates reportedly engaged in questionable conduct before he and Melinda Gates announced their divorce

Gates' conduct toward female coworkers and ties to Jeffrey Epstein have faced scrutiny in the wake of his pending divorce from Melinda French Gates.

California says $5 million Ponzi scam bilked older Filipinos

California's attorney general on Friday charged 15 people with conspiring to defraud mostly elderly victims of Filipino descent out of a combined $5 million. Prosecutors allege that the defendants have lied to potential investors at group sales presentations since late 2015 to encourage their investments.

Apple CEO Tim Cook testified in the Epic v. Apple trial. Here are 4 key takeaways.

It was the first time Tim Cook has taken the stand as CEO of Apple. The judge had several questions for him about the App Store’s business model.

Elon Musk congratulates Ford on the debut of their new electric F-150 Lightning pickup truck

A few days after Tesla CEO Elon Musk debuted the company's Cybertruck in November 2019, it saw 250,000 pre-orders.

VIDEO: Family rescues bear after its head gets stuck in plastic jar in Wisconsin

A screengrab from the video showing the family lends a helping hand to the struggling bear.

Sakeena Banday, Gulf Today

A Wisconsin family rescued a swimming bear after they found it was struggling with a plastic jar stuck on its head in the middle of the Marshmiller Lake near Bloomer.

Brian, Tricia and Brady Hurt were fishing in Northern Wisconsin when they spotted this bear with a plastic container stuck over his head.

The distressed bear could hardly keep its head above water as it struggled to free its head from the plastic container.

A screengrab of the baby bear with the plastic container stuck on his head.

Tricia Hurt filmed the video as her husband try to rescue the struggling bear for life.

After several attempts finally getting close to it the plastic container was removed off his head and the family screamed with joy.

&ldquoYou saved our little bear. Swim happy,&rdquo said Tricia Hurt at the end of the clip.

Brian Hurt told local media, "Once I got it off you could really tell the difference, because, it was like, it could get proper air at that point."

After their help the bear swam back to the shore safely.

This is a result of how humans impact the watery habitat.

More than 70% of marine life gets affected due to the water pollution. The plastic and other toxic substances dumped into the water pose a threat to marine life. It has a deadly effect on the wildlife.

Our ocean and the array of species that call it home succumbing to the poison of plastic.

Family rescues bear cub found swimming with jar stuck on its head

Tricia Hurt, her husband Brian, and their son Brady were fishing when they spotted the animal swimming in the lake and decided to lend a helping hand.

A Wisconsin family was boating on Marshmiller Lake in Chippewa County, Wisconsin, over the weekend and stumbled across a small bear that was struggling to swim with what appeared to be a cheese ball jar stuck on its head.

Tricia Hurt, her husband Brian, and their son Brady were fishing when they spotted the animal swimming in the lake and decided to lend a helping hand.

"We knew that if we didn't do something, we are pretty sure it would not have made it to shore," Tricia Hurt told CNN. "It was really huffing and puffing, my husband said."

The Hurt family noticed something floating in the water when they were headed back to the boat landing after a day of fishing on Marsh-Miller Lake on Saturday,

26-year-old Brady Hurt thought it might be a rock, until he saw it move. While his father, Brian Hurt, , said it was probably a dog. It was his mother, Tricia Hurt who realized it was something more unusual.

"I said, 'That ain't no dog. I think that's a bear,'" Tricia Hurt told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "We got closer and I said, 'Yeah, that's a bear that got hungry and got its head stuck in a bucket.'"

The young black bear was swimming across the lake struggling to breathe with a plastic cheese ball container around its head.

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources had been contacted several times but had been unable to locate it thanks to the rural, wooded landscape, Hurt said.

Since Hurt posted the video to her Facebook on Sunday, it has amassed almost 800,000 views.

Bear With Head Stuck In Jar Rescued After Wild, Wrangling Chase

With only a rope and a flashlight, four residents from central Pennsylvania went on a wild chase to rescue a young bear whose head had been stuck in a plastic jar for at least 11 days.

The frightened but powerful bruin fell into a swimming pool at least twice during the ordeal, according to a report Saturday in the Press Enterprise of Bloomsburg. But the group eventually yanked off the jar and set the animal free.

"I thought, 'No one is going to believe us,'" said Morgan Laskowski, 22, the bartender at the Jamison City Hotel and a member of the impromptu bear-wrangling team.

Area residents first spotted the 100-pound bruin with its head in a red jar on June 3, but it eluded game wardens. The animal was attracted to the container because it appeared to have once contained cooking oil.

"He put his head in, and had a problem," said Mike Jurbala, 68, another rescuer. "He'd have died in a couple more days."

Jurbala saw the bear Thursday night as he was leaving the bar at the Jamison City Hotel. He called Jeff Hubler, a local employee of the state Game Commission who had been among those trying to capture it for days with a lasso.

The two teamed up with Laskowski and her mother, bar owner Jody Boyle, to follow the bear through the darkness.

"You knew where he was because you could hear him banging into things," Jurbala said.

They cornered the bear in a resident's backyard, where it ended up falling into a pool a couple of times. Eventually, they wrangled the animal into a position where Hubler could pull off the jar.

"You'd think the bear would be weak, because it hadn't eaten or drunk for a week, but it was strong," Boyle said.

Bar Rescue Season 3

Turtle Bay is open after being renamed to Spirits on Bourbon. The resurrection drink is still popular, revenue has increased by millions of dollars and reviews are good.

Headhunters closed in April 2014 after being renamed to Metal and Lace, their tax receipts appear to suggest low sales prior to the closure. They were reportedly looking for a new premise after their lease ended but have yet to reopen.

TJ Quills is open and changed it's name back after being renamed as The Annex during Bar Rescue. Reviews after Restaurant Impossible are mostly positive with a few complaints about bar tenders and bouncers.

The Brixton closed in March 2020 after the couple sold their share in the bar. They quickly changed back after being renamed as Rocket Room 6 during Bar Rescue and reviews were good.

Zanzibar is open with good reviews. Patrons praise the pool tables and complaints are of bartenders favoring friends for service and tables. Owner Ami changed the name from Stars & Stripes Badass Billiards back to Zanzibar after the bar was renamed during the show.

The Kasbah is open. There was a shooting outside the nightclub in May 2018 and reviews are mixed.

Lona's Wardlow Station was renamed to Lona’s City Limits Cantina during the show and is open. Reviews are positive with praise for the food and service.

Dimples closed in January 2015 after the city council approved a new development where it was located. Business improved and Sal was able to clear his debt. He wasn't happy with all of the changes and undid some of them including reintroducing some of the memorabilia.

Kid Chilleen's Badass BBQ was renamed to Chilleen's on 17 and is open. After Bar Rescue, Donna quit drinking and sales were up 80%. Reviews are positive with compliments about the food, friendly staff and location.

Stand Up closed in April 2017 with plans to reopen in 2018, however this didn't happen. Owner Howard undid a number of the changes made including those to the green room and Bar Rescue had to return to repaint the exterior due to breaching local policy with the colour.

Sand Dollar is open with positive reviews complimenting the food, live music and beer.

Cashmere was renamed to Dual Ultra Nightclub and closed in May 2014 after the building was sold. The manager claimed a lot of the events on the episode were staged.

Handlebar Cafe is open and reviews are mostly positive. They were issued cease and desist orders by the Town Council for a mural and the pair of handlebars above the front entrance put in by the show and as a result took them down.

Barlow's closed in October 2017 after the bar was sold. The bar was renamed to Comeback Bar & Grill during the episode. In 2016, owner Susan Wood won a seat on the city council.

Gipsy closed in January 2014 after owner Paul stripped out the entire interior of the bar as he disliked the changes made during Bar Rescue. He planned to reopen but this doesn't appear to have happened.

Characters Quarters was renamed to MoonRunners Saloon and is open with positive reviews. In 2016, they opened a food truck.

Cliques was renamed to 22 Klicks Bar and Grill and is open. Jon revisited the bar in 2018 and they have kept Jon's drinks menu and the bar is doing well. Reviews are mixed after the episode with mostly positive reviews of the food but complaints about service.

Libad's Bar & Grill is open and reviews are mostly episode after the episode with compliments to the pizza, cheap drinks and great staff.

The Hammer closed in March 2016 after the bar was sold to new owners. The bar was renamed to Hammer & Ales.

Marley's on the Beach closed in November 2013 due to personal reasons. The bar was renamed to Marley's Beach Club as they disliked the name Jon proposed.

Rocky Point Cantina closed in August 2013 and was renamed briefly to Havana Cabana Bar and Grill. The show failed to get relevant permits for the exterior paint job which led to a city investigation finding previous modifications also weren't permitted. The owners were forced to declare bankruptcy and they had undone most of Jon's changes prior to the closure.

The Underworld Grill & Bar was renamed to The End and closed in February 2016 after failing to renew their lease. They had moved location a few doors down and business was reportedly up 40%.

Kerry's Sports Pub was renamed to Bacon Bar and is open. Reviews are mostly positive with compliments of the food they serve.

Bungalow Bar is open and reviews are mostly positive.

The Alibi closed in December 2013 after being renamed to Garnet Lounge. The closure was due to their debts and changes in the local economy.

MT Bottle is closed in December 2019 and the bar was sold to new owners for $325,000 in January 2020. Owner Tracy passed away in April 2019. Reviews prior to closure were mixed and Jon's changes were undone and they lost their liquor licence.

Fairways Golf & Grill was renamed to Brew U and closed in December 2014 due to the excessive debt and their lease ran out. Reviews prior to the closure were mixed with complaints of service and cleanliness issues.

BoondoxXx BBQ & Juke Joint was renamed to Pit and Barrell Bar. The bar closed in November 2013 after owner Chris Ferrell committed a murder at the bar, he was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2015.

Long Shots Sports Bar closed three months after the episode was filmed after being renamed to Badlands Country Nightclub. It appears to have closed so owner Mark could focus on the other bars he owned.

R.G.'s Loungeclosed in October 2016 after being renamed to BarCode. Sales after Bar Rescue were up 37% prior to the closure.

O'Banion's Bar & Grill is open and was renamed to Sorties Tavern. The bar was sold to new owners in 2016 due to medical reasons and prior to the sale they had to replace a number of chairs and other items as they weren't fit for commercial use. Reviews have improved under the new ownership.

KC's Bar & Grill is open. They operated as a members only bar charging a membership fee and many reviews are mixed. Patrons complain of poor service and compliment the welcoming atmosphere.

O'Face Bar is open despite Yelp claiming it is closed? Co-owner Matthew has had many brushes with the law and has been charged with sexual abuse, failing to register as a sex offender and assault. Reviews are mostly negative with consistent comment on poor service but hard to tell if all reviews are genuine due to owner's reputation.

Scoreboard was renamed Agave Junction Cantina and closed in September 2018. There was a stabbing incident with three injured at the bar in December 2016. Reviews prior to closure were mixed with negative comments on service.

The Tailgate was renamed to The Shot Exchange and is open with new owners after they sold the bar in 2015. Reviews are very mixed.

Bryant's Ice House was renamed to Wildcatter Saloon and is open. Reviews are positive with reports of a great atmosphere with great music. Jon was due to return to the bar for another rescue after the bar was damaged after Storm Harvey but had to pull out after Jon contracted pneumonia.

Pat's Cocktails is open and reviews are mostly positive with the odd complaint of poor service. Patrons enjoy the live sports, BBQ food and chilled atmosphere.

Oasis Hookah Bar closed in February 2017 after a renewal of their liquor licence was declined after a large number of 911 calls due to fights and disorderly conduct at the bar.

Mary's Outpost is open. Reviews are mostly positive on Google with compliments to the karaoke and welcoming environment but some women speak of unwanted advances by the owners.

The End Zone Sports Bar and Grill is open and reviews are mostly positive. Initially reviews were most positive with cheap drinks and good food although reviews have declined in 2019/20 with complaints of a sewage smell and poor service received.

Bear cub rescued from tree with cookie jar stuck on head

A frightened bear cub got its head stuck in an oversized cookie jar while rummaging through some trash and had to be rescued from a tree.

Environmental Protection Department spokesman Larry Ragonese said the six-month-old cub apparently found the cookie jar last Friday night in Ringwood , near the New York border.

As the 13 kg animal tried to eat what remained in the jar, he apparently pulled it over his head and it got stuck.

The cub became spooked when approached and went up a tree but got wedged about 12 metres up.

Environmental protection staffers arranged netting in case the bear fell to the ground. After the animal was tranquilized by a department biologist, it was brought down and local firefighters gingerly cut the jar off its head.

Family Saves Bear In Water Who Got Its Head Stuck In Plastic Cheese Ball Container

A Wisconsin family out for a day of fishing on a local lake saved a young bear who had gotten a cheese ball jar stuck on its head.

For most people, an exciting day out fishing with the family is usually hauling in a really big catch but for the Hurt family of Wisconsin, their day out fishing on a local lake was made exciting by a run-in with a black bear! While most people would immediately head in the opposite direction if they came across a bear in the wilderness, the Hurt family went above and beyond to help this bear that was clearly in distress.

While wrapping up their day fishing on Marsh-Miller Lake in Wisconsin the Hurt family, mom Tricia, dad Brian and son Brady happened to spot something swimming in the water with a giant cheese puffs tub stuck on their head. Initially, the family speculated about what it was swimming in the water, with Brian initially thinking it might have been a dog who was in a precarious situation. The family quickly realized that what they had spotted wasn't a family pet. "I said, 'That ain't no dog. I think that's a bear,'" Tricia Hurt told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "We got closer and I said, 'Yeah, that's a bear that got hungry and got its head stuck in a bucket.'"

Thankfully for the bear, the Hurt family were determined to do all they could to remove the bucket from its head. After initially making contact and Brian trying to pull the tub off the bear's head, it got scared and swam away. Tricia then instructed her son to turn the boat around and come up alongside the frightened bear where Brian was successful in pulling the tub free. Tricia captured the entire rescue on camera and posted it to her Facebook page where it quickly went viral.

Never dreamt we would ever do this in our life time. Out on Marshmiller Lake yesterday with Brian Hurt and Brady Hurt when we spotted this poor bear. He made it to shore after all that.

Posted by Tricia Hurt on Sunday, June 28, 2020

Tricia's heartwarming video has already been viewed more than 1 million times on her own Facebook page and re-posted countless times by other social media sites. Thousands of commenters have praised the family for doing all they could to help the defenseless bear. Tricia told the Sentinel that they posted the video after hearing the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources had been looking for it. "We just happened to be in the right place at the right time," she said.

Brian Hurt also said the family is happy they came across the young bear when they did, and assumed he wouldn't have survived much longer with that tub on his head. "We honestly believe if we hadn't run into that bear, it wouldn't have made it to shore," Tricia Hurt said. "It was so disoriented, it didn't know where shore was and it was so tired."

Tricia confirmed in her Facebook post that the young bear was able to swim to the shore safely after Brian successfully removed the tub from its head.

US family rescues bear cub swimming with jar stuck on its head. Viral video

Tricia Hurt was enjoying her time with family during an outing by the Marshmiller Lake in Wisconsin, US, and had an experience of a lifetime over the weekend. Along with her husband and son, Tricia, during the boat ride, managed to rescue a baby bear, who was swimming with a jar stuck on its head.

On Facebook, Tricia shared a video of the episode and it has gone viral with over nine lakh views. While boating, Tricia and her family found a bear swimming in the lake with his head stuck in a jar.

After following the bear for a while by steering their boat towards it, Tricia's husband managed to catch hold of the bear and pulled off the jar from its head. It heaved a sigh of relief as Tricia said, "Yes. We saved our little bear. Swim happy."

"Never dreamt we would ever do this in our life time. Out on Marshmiller Lake with Brian Hurt and Brady Hurt when we spotted this poor bear. He made it to shore after all that," Tricia Hurt said in the caption of her post.

Netizens applauded Tricia Hurt and her family for rescuing the bear and thanked them in the comments section.

"Real life heroes, what wonderful people you are. Lots of love to you," a comment reads. Another user said, "So wonderful of you to help this poor bear who must've been distressed and no doubt, exhausted. Thank you!"

Wis. logger rescues stuck black bear

A black bear was seen struggling by a lumberjack after getting its head stuck inside an old milk can, WEAU-TV in Eau Claire, Wis., reports.

Garrett Smith, a logger in Rice Lake, Wis., found the bear in a cornfield a few weeks ago, the station reports. Smith got permission from the landowner to help it, using his forwarder machine, according to WEAU-TV.

The situation was caught on camera and uploaded to YouTube on July 6.

In the video, Smith operates the machine and uses the claw to hold onto the can until the bear is set free. The bear gets picked up in the air and then wiggles its way out of the can and runs away.

As of Monday evening, the clip had garnered 492,374 page views.

Just last week, a bear cub in New Jersey was saved by the state Department of Environmental Protection after getting its head stuck in a discarded animal crackers jar.