Mix the breadcrumbs with the milk, parsley, egg, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a large bowl. Add the minced meat, salt, pepper and incorporate them well with your hands.
Form some larger, flatter meatballs that we fry in a large pan (preferably Teflon) with hot oil. 3 minutes on one side, 3 minutes on the other.
In a bowl, mix the ketchup, sugar and vinegar.
We put a spoonful of this meatball over each meatball.
In the remaining ketchup sauce add the starch and mix well.
Add half a cup of water to the pan, cover with a lid, turn on low heat and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the meatballs to a plate.
Put the ketchup sauce and another half cup of water in the pan. Turn on the heat and let it boil, stirring until the composition thickens. At the end you can add the meatballs or serve separately, with the sauce on top.
Fried pork meatballs, my mother's recipe
Pork meatballs, how wonderful will this dish with childhood taste sound? I tell you that the delicious meatballs with minced pork, fried, not cooked, have been my favorites since I was only a few years old. Mommy makes some pork meatballs so fluffy and tasty, hard to resist. That's why I always make my mother's meatball recipe, I didn't feel the need to change anything with her all these years.
When I was little and I allowed myself to eat as many pork meatballs as I wanted (as a child I used to call them pork meatballs, not meatballs), I always liked to have a portion of mashed potatoes on my plate, I loved to soak them in it. Even now I don't refuse a portion of puree next to them, but more often I eat them with seasonal salad, maybe a small piece of wholemeal bread and necessarily with hot mustard.
I like to eat them hot, but even after they cool they are wonderful. I used to make a wonderful sandwich with cold pork meatballs. I greased two slices of bread with mustard, cut 2 meatballs in half and put them between the slices of bread. We also throw a piece of Telemea cheese in the sandwich, because I was a child and I don't necessarily take calories into account. Try the sandwich with meatballs, with or without cheese, it is very tasty. My mouth watered, what more!
For some fluffy and tasty meatballs, we need a quality pork. Don't buy minced meat from the store, it's really not worth it, I had some unpleasant events with it. I bought a piece of pork meat, chopped it at home and some amazing meatballs came out.
The meatball recipe is not complicated at all, here's how my mom makes them and how I've been making them for years and years.
Pork meatballs & # 8211 Ingredients (20-22 meatballs)
- 600 g minced pork
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 slices of dry white bread (about 100 g) soaked in milk
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small white / yellow onion (about 75 g after cleaning and chopping)
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- flour for rolling meatballs
- sunflower oil for frying
Pork meatballs & # 8211 Preparation
- Put the slices of bread in a deep bowl and cover them with milk. Let them soften for about 10 minutes.
- While the slices of bread soften, chop the meat and put it in a bowl. Add eggs, garlic cloves and onions, grated with small holes, dill, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add the slices of bread, squeezed very well, and knead the meat until you get a well-bound composition.
- Cover the bowl with food-grade plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. In this way, the meat will borrow the aroma of spices, and the meatballs will be very tasty.
- After resting, with our hands constantly wet, we form small meatballs, about the size of a walnut. We roll them in flour and place them on a wooden chopper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan (put oil in the pan for about two fingers). Remove the excess flour from the meatballs, flatten them a little (the meatballs will swell during frying, so it is advisable to flatten them a little before putting them in the pan).
- After they have browned, take them out on a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- We serve these delicious meatballs, hot or cold. They are excellent and very fluffy!
If you like meatballs, click on the picture below for more recipes! Chicken meatballs, fish meatballs, quail egg meatballs, all are waiting for you to try them!
Falafel & # 8211 chickpea meatballs
As I said earlier, the time has come for them and without any false modesty I am sorry that I have done so little. These meatballs are consumed throughout the Middle East and are made from walnuts or beans or combined. On the street, they are served in the “pocket” of a stick with salads, vegetables and tahini sauce or tahini mayonnaise as I like to call it.
The chickpeas must be left in cold water for more than 16 hours, then ground and mixed with spices, flour and baking soda, not baking powder, yeast or other loosens. It is never made from boiled chickpeas and is not ground too hard.
For me, I can say that they are the best vegan meatballs I have ever eaten and if I think about it, I think I would replace the meat ones.
So I invite you to stay by the list of ingredients, but also the simple way of preparation.
For many other fasting recipes, go to the fasting recipes section, click here or on the photo.
You can also follow me on Instagram, click on the photo.
Or on the Facebook page, click on the photo.
- 250 g raw chickpeas
- 3 bundles of parsley
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 200 g yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50-60 g of white flour
- Frying oil
Method of preparation:
Wash the parsley, drain it well of the excess water and chop it coarsely.
Peel the onion and garlic, finely chop them.
Put the chickpeas hydrated in cold water and leave at room temperature for at least 16 (preferably 24) hours.
After the hydration time has elapsed, we drain it well through a sieve and put it in a food processor together with the rest of the ingredients, less the flour and oil.
We mix by pulsation until we obtain a composition similar to raw quinoa. We check the taste. Do not mix to make a paste because you will no longer have a beautiful texture or color. Incorporate the flour and let it cool for half an hour.
After the time spent in the refrigerator, divide the composition into balls, give them the desired size and fry them in an oil bath at a temperature of 175 degrees until they turn brown on the outside.
Serve with salad and mayonnaise of tahini and garnish of baked potatoes or rice or simply with salad.
Meatballs with tomato sauce. Simple recipe like grandma's at home
Meatballs with tomato sauce are adored by everyone, but especially by children. You don't even need too many ingredients for such a delicious and nutritious dish, perfect for a lunch. And we reveal another secret to you! Served with a slice of cold polenta, as in the grandmother in the weft, the meatballs in tomato sauce will be a real culinary treat.
If you get here, it means that you have a big craving for meatballs. The truth is that you have to do a lot, because we remember how quickly the meatballs ran out when my mother made them at the table with the family! We always asked her to make us more meatballs so we could enjoy more. Here's a good recipe for meatballs:
1. Put the crustless bread in warm milk to soften and then press and place in a large bowl.
The meatballs are served as hot as possible
2. Add the meat, egg yolks, finely chopped or grated onion, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. With wet palms, make meatballs that are passed through flour, flattened and fried in hot oil. Remove on paper towels to absorb excess oil. They can be consumed both hot and cold.