Wash the lentils, leave them to soak in cold water for 30-40 minutes, then boil until soft. Drain well, allow to cool and mix with grated carrot, crushed garlic, egg, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. From the obtained composition, form the meatballs that are fried in hot oil or put in a tray and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
Wash the parsley, cut larger, put in a bowl and mix with sliced garlic, chopped onion, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel. It is a tasty, healthy salad with an invigorating effect on the body. It can also be served with an omelette or with a pork steak.
Chickpeas with butter (falafel)
These meatballs (falafel) with butter and lots of parsley are absolutely delicious. Moreover, they are even healthier because you do not have to fry them in an oil bath and they are done quickly.
1.Cut the julienned onion. Then put the butter in the hot pan and pour the onion, crushed garlic and 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
2. Mix and add the spices to taste. Add the canned chickpeas and mix well for a few seconds to mix the flavors.
3. Take the pan off the heat and pour the contents into the food processor and mix well until it becomes a paste. You can also use a hand blender or a normal blender.
4. After the paste has formed, add the second bunch of chopped parsley and mix well.
5. Heat a little oil in a larger non-stick pan.
6. Shape the meatballs by hand or spoon and fry them for 2 minutes on each side. And the meatballs are ready. They can be served in a salad stick, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions.
Vegetable meatballs are always a delicious choice if you want an alternative to classic meatballs. They can be made from any vegetable and you can combine them for a special taste. In addition, vegetable meatballs can also be prepared during Lent.
Today we offer you a recipe for quinoa meatballs, delicious, healthy and filling. If you want to prepare them for the fasting version, you can give up the egg and cheese in the composition. Also, if you want a more dietary option, you can cook them in the oven instead of frying them in oil.
- 100 g quinoa
- a handful of broccoli
- 50 g grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- frying oil
Put the quinoa to boil in water with a little salt. After boiling for 20 minutes, drain the water and allow to cool. Separately, boil the broccoli until softened. Drain it and strain it with a fork or blender.
Put in a bowl the quinoa, broccoli, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, grated cheese, beaten eggs and chopped parsley and mix well. Start adding enough flour to bind the composition.
Form the meatballs with a wet hand and pass them through the breadcrumbs. Fry the quinoa meatballs in hot oil. Remove them on a plate on which you put paper towels to absorb excess oil.
LENTILS and GREENERS - a fasting recipe
Lentils are part of the legume family, famous for their content rich in soluble and insoluble protein and dietary fiber. Unlike other types of beans, lentils boil much faster.
Lentils are very rich in molybdenum, a mineral found in legumes, grains and nuts, which plays an important role in the metabolism of amino acids and the elimination of toxins and compounds with mutagenic potential.
200 g of soaked lentils contains 90% of the zinc content of folic acid, fiber (635), copper (565), phosphorus (51%), manganese (49%), iron (37%), protein (36%), vitamin B1 (28%), vitamin B5 (25%), zinc, vitamin B6 and potassium (21-23%).
Lentil meatballs & # 8211 recipe
Since the lentils must be left to soak overnight, the meatballs will be prepared the next day. Consider this before you start this recipe.
• 130 g of red or green lentils
• 4 potatoes
• 1 bunch of parsley
• 1 bunch of dill
• 2-3 sprigs of green onions
• 2-3 yarns of leurd
• 2 tablespoons of inactive yeast flakes
Choose the lentils and put them to soak in a bowl of water. Leave them hydrated overnight.
The next day, drain the lentils and wash them. Place the baked potatoes in the oven.
Boil the lentils for a quarter of an hour, then strain the water. After it has cooled down a bit, pass it finely with a blender.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Mix lentils and potatoes in a large bowl.
Wash the vegetables and chop finely. Add them to the composition. Add a little salt, pepper and other spices, inactive yeast and 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Mix with clean hands to obtain a homogeneous composition.
Wallpaper a large baking tray with baking paper. Shape meatballs to the desired size and place them in the pan. Bake them in the hot oven until lightly browned.
They are very good hot, but they also go cold. They can be served as such, with a salad of vegetables or greens, tomato sauce, polenta or a dish of rice, puree, etc.
* The advice and any health information available on this site are for informational purposes, do not replace the doctor's recommendation. If you suffer from chronic diseases or follow medication, we recommend that you consult your doctor before starting a cure or natural treatment to avoid interaction. By postponing or interrupting classic medical treatments you can endanger your health.
Lentil salad with pomegranate seeds
Satiated and low in calories, lentils are one of the legumes that should not be missing from the diet of people who have weight problems or want to lose weight.
To prepare this salad, you need the following ingredients:
- 150-200 g of boiled, washed and drained lentils
- half a large bell pepper
- a yellow or red onion or half a leek stalk (from the white side)
- a cornish cucumber
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 ridges
- a bunch of parsley.
Put the lentils in a bowl, over which add the finely chopped diced peppers, finely chopped parsley, chopped onion or sliced leek, chopped cucumber, pomegranate seeds and sliced radishes.
Add on top a vinaigrette prepared from 2-3 tablespoons of cold-pressed olive oil, salt, pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Today I'm going to show you how I make lentil meatballs. A dish that you can serve as you want, when you want. You can eat them cold, along with other entrees: put them on a salad leaf and sprinkle them with a mustard sauce. You can also eat them hot, with low white cabbage, caramelized red cabbage or with a leek dish. Or season them more (smoked paprika or cumin), shape them bigger, cook them in the oven or in the pan and you will get tasty meatballs for burgers. Or find the combination you like!
In addition to being very tasty, lentils also have many properties that I wrote about here. Also in this article you will find cooking instructions.
Let's see together what are the steps to get delicious lentil meatballs.
What we need:
- 300 gr green lentils
- an onion
- a carrot
- two cloves of garlic
- 300 gr mushrooms (optional)
- 5- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt, pepper to taste
- a teaspoon of thyme
- 50 gr walnut.
How is it prepared:
Boil the lentils. Meanwhile, cut the onion into small pieces and fry it in a little olive oil. Add the grated carrot and mushrooms.
We cook the vegetables for a few minutes.
When the lentils are cooked, drain them and add the composition of vegetables, nuts and spices.
Stir and put the breadcrumbs.
Form the meatballs and put them in the pan. Put the tray in the preheated oven at 180 gr C, for about 10 minutes.
Remove the meatballs from the oven and leave them to cool a bit. These are soft after baking, but we do not have to worry, because they will harden with cooling.
If you prefer, you can fry the meatballs in the pan with a little olive oil, instead of cooking them in the oven 9 they are delicious anyway you would prepare them).
Raw pumpkin soup
You might like it too
Risotto with spinach and caramelized mushroom sauces
Spaghetti with zucchini, peas and garlic
Ingredients Fasting meatballs with red lentils
- 300 g red lentils
- 3 suitable potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red capsicum pepper
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- salt, pepper to taste
- 100 g white breadcrumbs
Lentil salad with smoked cheese
We have a super delicious surprise! Have you ever tried lentils (boiled before) cooked in a pan with some dehydrated tomatoes and fennel? I also put smoked cheese. These are just some of the ingredients. The others are combined in the same pan in unbelievable flavors. See the list below (or watch the video).
Green lentil salad with vegetables
He will say, the Holidays are over & # 8230 or not, I'm going to take them from the beginning in just a few days, starting with the Serbian Christmas. Well, during this time I set out to prepare properly for another round of fries and cakes (and my mother-in-law's, believe me, there are more but also more consistent than mine). What is & # 8222preparation? Look, for a few days we will give up high-calorie foods and try to eat as many raw foods as possible.
The lentil salad we prepared yesterday is perfect for our & # 8222program & # 8221: it contains a lot of raw vegetables, the lentil itself being boiled, of course, but very rich in fiber and antioxidants. We felt very good after eating this salad and in addition it was very tasty, so I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Preparation time: 00:10 hours
Cooking time: 00:25 hours
Total Time: 00:25 hours
Number of servings: 4
Degree of difficulty: low
Lentil Salad Ingredients with Vegetables:
- 250 grams of green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 sprigs of green onions
- 1-2 kiwis (depending on size)
- 1-2 carrots
- 4-6 red radishes
- 1-2 celery stalks (celery)
- 1/2 pomegranate red berries
- 1 bunch of green parsley
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon good quality red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Preparing Lentil Salad with Vegetables:
1. Wash the lentils well under a stream of cold water in a strainer. Put it to boil in cold water and when it boils, drain all the water and rinse well with cold water. Put again in a saucepan with 1 liter of cold water, 2 cloves whole garlic, 1 teaspoon grated salt and a bay leaf.
2. The lentils will boil in 20-25 minutes, during which time the carrots are cleaned and grated, the onion slices are cleaned and sliced, the pomegranate seeds are peeled, the kiwi and radishes are cleaned and sliced, they are chopped into small cubes. celery stalk, chop the green parsley.
3. After the lentils soften, drain the water in a strainer and rinse briefly with cold water. Put the lentils in a bowl and add all the prepared vegetables, keeping 1/2 of the pomegranate and parsley for sprinkling at the end. Add mustard, salt and pepper to taste and vinegar (you can be creative and add a flavored vinegar, one with raspberries & # 8211 for example & # 8211 I think would give a very elegant note to this salad). Homogenize the salad, taste it and add salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Sprinkle with preserved pomegranate seeds and parsley and taste immediately. There would be some crushed cheese on top, but, in my opinion, there was no need, it's a complete and even filling food.