We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Mix the yeast with salt and sugar, then add warm water, flax seeds and flour.
Knead an elastic dough that we will leave to rise for about 1 hour.
Meanwhile we prepare the fillings:
-the stove is cleaned from the tails, washed under a stream of cold water, then finely chopped and fried in oil until all the water left decreases. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
-telemea cheese is grated, then we mix it with bellows cheese, chopped dill and sour cream
After the leavening time, we break a piece of dough (the size of an apple), we spread the dough with the facetelet, we put the filling on half of the surface, we pack the pie in two and we fry it in the pan in which we put a little oil.
Fry on both sides, remove on absorbent napkins to get rid of excess oil and serve.
Ingredient Pie With Cheese & # 8222Turban & # 8221
- 550 grams of flour
- 160 ml. of milk
- 20 grams of fresh yeast
- 100 ml. of olive oil
- 1 or
- 150 grams of butter
- 1 teaspoon grated salt
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200 grams of cheese (can be feta, telemea, cottage cheese, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs (you can give up breadcrumbs if you use a drier cheese, add it only if the cheese is moist)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (I used dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small green onion, both the white part and the leaves
- salt, pepper and cumin (optional) to taste
Cheese Pie Preparation & # 8222Turban & # 8221
1. Heat the milk a little (at 35-38 degrees Celsius) and dissolve the yeast in it.
2. Beat the whole egg with a fork together with 1 teaspoon of grated salt.
3. Sift the flour in a bowl and, if you knead on the robot, add all the liquids from the beginning: milk with yeast, egg and 100 ml. of olive oil. If the dough is kneaded manually, it is preferable to homogenize the liquids with each other and to gradually add over the flour.
4. Knead (manually or with a robot) until you get a perfectly smooth, non-sticky dough.
5. The dough is divided into 6 equal pieces from which some spheres are shaped, covered with a damp kitchen towel and left on the work surface for 30 minutes at rest (picture 1).
6. Heat the butter so that it is very soft, but not liquid.
7. After the rest of the dough has elapsed, spread it one piece at a time, with the help of the rolling pin, in an approximately square shape, as thin as possible with the help of a soft brush, grease it generously with butter (picture 2).
8. Repeat the operations described in point 7 with two other pieces of dough, which overlap the first, obtaining 3 layers well greased with butter (picture 3).
9. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of dough.
10. Pack each of the two packages obtained in turn: mentally divide the dough into thirds, bring the side from left to right, covering the middle third, then the right to the left, covering both (pictures 1 and 2 ). Continue packing in three, on the long side of the long and narrow rectangle obtained (picture 3).
11. The two & # 8222packages & # 8221 obtained are wrapped with food sheets and refrigerated for 30 minutes & # 8211 1 hour.
12. Meanwhile, we take care of the filling: the potatoes cleaned and washed well are cut into cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper and smothered in a pan in a tablespoon of oil, under the lid, until soft, possibly adding from time to time. when a drop of water. If they take on color here and there, there are no bathrooms, but they should not burn or brown too much. After the potatoes have cooled, mix in a bowl with the cheese, breadcrumbs (if used), chopped mint and parsley, finely chopped green onions, salt, pepper and ground cumin to taste.
12. After the waiting time has passed, each of the packages will be processed separately: spread a sheet as thin as possible, with the help of the twister, and cut into strips of about 3 cm. width. Be careful, if you cut narrower strips, more patties will result, but they will be much more difficult to process. My recommendation is to obtain 13-14 strips from a package of dough spread in a sheet of 4-6 mm. thickness (picture 1).
13. Roll each strip tightly in turn (picture 2), and each pate will be processed separately.
14. A snail is obtained in which the layers of dough alternating with butter are very visible (picture 3).
15. With the help of the thumbs (long nails are a clear disadvantage) the sides of the snail are pressed from the inside to the outside, obtaining a & # 8222 funnel & # 8221 only good to receive the filling. Attention, it must be pressed gently so as not to break the dough, but also with enough firmness (picture 4).
16. Add the filling (about 1 teaspoon and a half, without exaggeration) then pull the edges to the middle, pinching them well to stick (picture 5).
17. Place each pate in a tray covered with baking paper, glued down and spaced apart. Turn on the oven and set it at 200 degrees Celsius, and until the oven heats up the tray with the pies already formed, let it cool (refrigerator, pantry, other cool place).
18. Until the oven heats up, process the second batch of dough (two trays will be obtained).
19. Bake the pies (one tray at a time) in the oven heated to 200 degrees Celsius, at a medium height, until golden (about 25 minutes).
Allow the pies to cool and taste with delight. Because the recipe is Turkish, I thought that nothing would fit better with these pies & # 8222turban & # 8221 like a glass of ayran, which I prepared in just 2 minutes: 1 glass of fatty yogurt, 1 pinch of salt and 100 ml. ice-cold water is given in a blender. Add chopped mint and ice when serving. The simpler this ayran is prepared, the more invigorating it is, and with a well-made pastry it becomes a real pleasure.
& # 8222Turbanele & # 8221 kept their texture unchanged for 3 days (last night I finished the last one), they remained the same, with a slightly crispy exterior, like puff pastry, and a fluffy middle. I also show you a section:
If you dare, I wish you good work and good appetite!
The source of the recipe, on which I applied some changes, primarily in terms of quantity.
Make a mayonnaise after which knead the dough well with flour, warm milk and salt. The dough is also good for bread. It is left to grow.
I used fresh sheep's cheese, which I grated, salted well and mixed with dill put in a jar of salt in autumn.
I took a spoonful of leavened dough. I stretched it as thin as possible.
I put a spoonful of cottage cheese (cheese). I grabbed the dough from a corner and spread it out. I put it over the house. I continued modeling.
Oil in the hot pan and put the pie face down.
While filling other pies, pay attention to the one in the pan. I only return it when it's golden.
How to make a pie with cheese and jumari?
You can read the written recipe step by step, or go directly to video recipe, below.
1. Knead the dough for the first time, which is the same as the one with the cheese pie and leavened dough sheets, with the difference that here you use lard or butter for kneading.
The flour is sifted twice before, in order to eliminate any foreign bodies, but also because in this way it is aerated, dried and the dough will grow much nicer.
Put the dry yeast (I have been using only dry yeast for many years) and the sugar and mix, then add warm water and salt.
If you use fresh yeast, make mayonnaise separately from yeast, sugar, 50 ml of water and 1 tablespoon of flour, all mixed well and left to rise until it doubles in volume.
Do not add water all at once, put 300 ml first, keep it warm, not hot and mix the dough well. Depending on how dry or wet the flour is, the dough will require more water or flour, so you will add what it needs. It is good to have a dough suitable for soft, because when kneaded, when you put the fat, it will harden.
Grease the hands and walls of the bowl with lard or butter and start kneading, always bringing the dough from the edge inwards. In this way, air will be incorporated, which will help the dough to grow.
A little tip for the best dough
If the dough turns from side to side and the air is not retained inside, it will not be as fluffy. After 5 minutes of kneading, toss the basin dough 10 times. Yes, you read that right: it's crashing. Slap well, though, beat him. & # 128578
In this way, the embedded air spreads throughout the dough and you will see how the dough becomes much finer and more elastic.
Knead for another 5-10 minutes and whisk the dough well for another 10 times. It may seem strange, but please do so and you will mention me. At the end of the day, but when you slam the dough, you can swear at me. & # 128512 Nana, God forgive her, she slammed the dough hard in the wooden bowl (she kneaded 3-4 kilograms of flour at a time, she made many pies) and she started to bodogan the enemies and gossips in the village:
-No, that's for you, Grandma Saft & agrave!
-Sh & agrave this is for you, dad (tzatza) Constantin & agrave! & Hellip and at each one he said what hurt he did to him :))) Let me tell you what dough and what pies did nana make? & # 128578
Cover the dough with a clean napkin and leave to rise. It can be seen that the dough is smooth and elastic, it does not stick to the hand.
Some tricks for the best shepherd's pie, appetizer pie
-Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then put a napkin. It will grow much faster.
-If it is colder in the room, turn on the oven for 5 minutes, until it is warm inside, turn off the heat and put the bowl of dough inside. The oven door closes and this way you will have a simple leavener at home. You saw those leaveners in the bakeries, didn't you? & # 128578 DO NOT FORGET to turn off the oven. & # 128512
-Another solution is to put hot water, but not boiling water, in a bowl and to put the dough bowl on top, but not to touch the water. In a maximum of 30 minutes, the dough is raised. & # 128578
This is what my dough looks like after 20 minutes. It was in the oven:
2. Prepare the filling for the salted cheese pie
Mix in more or less equal parts kneaded sheep's cheese, cottage cheese, urda, bellows cheese, which you have, in a total amount of 1 kg, to which eggs are added.
It is ideal to use bellows cheese or kneaded cheese, greasy, with that special taste, slightly hot. The taste of a shepherd, as we used to say when we were children. & # 128578
Being in Italy, I didn't have bellows cheese (God, I'm missing Romanian cheese!) And I used 1 mixture of grated cheese, to which I added grated Parmesan cheese.
It's far from the taste of bellows cheese, but we kind of craved it. & # 128578
Nana also adds 1 powder of pepper and dried hot peppers, which she grinds fresh and a good handful of crispy scallops, which she grinds (but not too hard).
I also add 1 teaspoon of cumin, but it is not mandatory. Mix everything, you should get a paste that does not flow, harder.
3. Prepare the pie sheets
Break the dough into 3 pieces. Being very fluffy, it will break easily. Do not knead the dough, just put it on the table and spread it.
Being grown, it will spread very easily. Powder the table with plenty of flour and put the flour on the piece of dough, then spread it with the facalet (rolling pin, merdeneaua, melesteul).
It is good to have the sheet as thin as possible. Being leavened dough, it will grow, but it will be extremely fluffy after baking.
4. Make the pie
Sprinkle the sheets with lard or melted butter, then place the filling and roll tightly.
The roll obtained is twisted from the ends, as a string is twisted: with the left hand, it is twisted upwards, with the right hand it is twisted downwards.
This way, the roll with the pie will have that twisted look.
The filling being stronger, not fluid, the dough sheet will not break and the filling will not flow.
Grease the pan with butter or lard (ideally it should be a round shape) and put the pie sheets in the shape of a snail. First a small snail is made, and the other 2 sheets come next.
5. Raising the pie and preparing the oven
Leave the pie to rise for 30 minutes, then grease with beaten egg with a little milk and salt, then put on top and about 1 tablespoon of butter.
Leave 1 tablespoon of butter aside. Nana used sheep butter and I won't tell you how good it was! I've had it since I've eaten. & # 128577
You can see how beautiful it looks before it is put in the oven and how well it has grown
6. Baking for the shepherd's pie recipe
Put in the oven, first on low heat (160 degrees Celsius, for 10 minutes), then increase the heat to 180 degrees Celsius (medium heat). In this way, the pie will grow slowly, without cracking.
Check after 40 minutes and test with a toothpick. If the toothpick is clean, dry, the pie is ready. Baking takes between 50-70 minutes, depending on the oven.
Remove from the oven and immediately grease with the remaining butter. In this way, the peel will be soft, shiny and fragrant.
God, what a scent this pie has.
This is what it looks like in the section, after I let it breathe for 15 minutes. It's cut hot, because you can't with the greedy. & # 128578
And this slice is for you, because you had the patience to read to the end & # 128578
There is a lot to write, I wanted to tell all the secrets I know, and if you try this shepherd's pie recipe, I guarantee you will not regret it. Is wonderful.
See here more pie recipes (where is the word in red). You will find recipes for Dobrogean pie, pie with leavened dough sheets, quick pie with yogurt.
I invite you to watch the video recipe for the shepherd's pie here:
RED MELON SALAD WITH CHEESE
For a meal on a summer day, it works great watermelon salad with cheese.
Ever since I was a child, I liked the sweet-salty combination and the melon eaten with cheese was a total treat for me.
I don't remember where I saw or heard but I remember my grandfather, he was surprised every time he saw me devouring with lust from both.
That's why watermelon salad with cheese is one of my favorites. Over time I tried a lot of combinations, I enriched it with red onion, arugula, pistachio or black olives and I flavored it with mint, parsley or basil.
Recipe my soul remained but this one, it is simple, delicious and fragrant.
2 liters of milk that were caught I heated them a little on the fire then I strained through a sieve covered with gauze. From the drained dice I put the dough and the resulting cheese to the filling.
I put in a bowl the hot dice together with the yeast and sugar, I left it for a few minutes then I added the egg, flour and salt. After a dough formed I put one soaked at room temperature and kneaded well resulting in an elastic dough. I put it in the basin and let it grow.
For the filling I put the raisins with vanilla essence in a bowl, I put eggs and sugar and I beat with a fork. Over the beaten eggs I put the cottage cheese and semolina, I mixed, then I put the telemeau given on the grater with small eyes and lemon peel, I mixed and set aside. After the dough doubled in volume, I broke pieces of dough, spread them on the table and cut them into squares or even rectangles, put the filling in the middle and folded some, about 2 I made 'cheesy' (squeezed in the middle), I also cut some circles with a ring and a rudder inside. I put them in the tray and after they have grown, I greased them with a little diluted yolk and I pressed poppy seeds or sesame seeds according to everyone's preferences. then I put them in the oven and left them until they browned nicely.
The cheese pies are served for breakfast or snacks, being excellent in any part of the day.
Step 1. Prepare the filling. We mix the cottage cheese with eggs, salt and sugar to taste.
Step 2. Take 2-3 sheets of dough and grease each with melted butter, press on top with cheese. We squeeze them like fans and put them in a pan greased with oil. This is how we do it with all the dough sheets. At the end we pour on top milk mixed with sour cream and a little salt.
Fluffy pie with salted cheese, cream and garlic & # 8211 in the oven
Fluffy pie with salted cheese, cream and garlic & # 8211 in the oven. Simple pie with telemea and leavened dough. The traditional recipe for peasant pie with cheese and cream, plain or with garlic, dill, green onion tails, etc. Baked pie recipes.
This fluffy pie with salted cheese, cream and garlic is very easy and quick to prepare. It consists of a soft layer of leavened dough and a creamy layer of cheese, eggs and cream.
There are many recipes for pies with salted cheese (telemea, salted curd, bellows or kneaded cheese, plain or smoked cheeses, urda, etc.) and sweet cottage cheese, but this one is very tasty. My great-grandmother Buia from Sibiu used to do it for us when cheese remnants were collected that had to be recycled somehow. One end of bellows cheese, a handful of cottage cheese, a corner of drier or curd telemea, etc. He passed them all through the meat grinder and mixed them with eggs and cream. Sometimes he put garlic, dill or green onion tails in this cream.
Then he quickly made a simple leavened dough (like bread) or richer (with milk and eggs) which he spread in the tray. Pour the cream cheese on top and bake the pie for about 30-40 minutes. What flavors came out of the oven !! Especially when he did it with cumin and garlic, as I did now.
The dough came out fluffy, with holes, like focaccia (see recipe here).
I chose to make a leavened dough with milk and eggs that came out really good and soft. For the cream I chose cow's cheese (sweet), cheese and telemea. The cream is sour with min. 20% fat (like for sarmale or papanaşi). The special aroma came from the garlic and cumin seeds I put in the filling. Cumin goes very well with baked cheeses!
I give you the quantities for a tray of 30 x 35 cm and about 6 cm high. Out of these come approx. 8-10 servings of fluffy pie with salted cheese, sour cream and garlic.
Cheese pie: the 100-year-old recipe of Mrs. Maria General Dobrescu
A 100-year-old recipe gives us Mrs. Maria General Dobrescu (this is how it is written on the cover of the book, even if you would think that the "normal" name was "General Maria Dobrescu"!) in her cookbook "Sweets" ("Culinary Art" series), published in 1936.
Method of preparation
Mix all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl (the yolk rubbed with a pinch of salt and the beaten egg whites).
Sprinkle semolina all over the cheese.
Mix the milk, sugar and oil in a saucepan until it starts to boil and then let it cool. Over the cooled composition we put the egg (the yolk rubbed with a pinch of salt and the beaten egg white), the baking soda quenched with vinegar and mix well. Gradually add the flour and knead until you get a soft dough. Let it rest for a while until we make the filling.
Mix all the ingredients for the cheese filling. From the dough we make 2 balls and spread two sheets, one we place in a tray greased and lined with flour or baking paper, over we place the composition, on top of the other sheet that we prick with a fork from place to place. Bake for 30 minutes at 165 C.
The pie with cheese and raisins is left to cool well, cut into squares and powdered with vanilla powdered sugar. Other recommended recipes: